Sunday, September 27, 2009

boring book report


Each year in literature 7 and 8, I assign a very straightforward book report. When I first show the students what I want to see in it they always have wonderful reactions to it like, "oh, no...not another one", or "why can't we do something fun"....etc. etc. etc. I have thus given it the name " The Boring Book Report".


I remember doing book reports as a young student and thought they were kind of fun. Then again, I was also the child who had at least three books on the go and if I ran out of books I would just re-read what I had. Books transported me to different places and cultures and I liked sharing about them.


This book report is meant to show me a student's writing style and their strenths and weaknesses in comprehending and then transferring that comprehension into writing. I gave a very thorough outline to help them with writing it. Hopefully they won't find it boring but will enjoy sharing each of their stories to me. I love to hear about a good new book after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment