Friday, July 6, 2012

Week One....

This is what I came out to find one summer day in 2005
when Andrew was playing with a friend...the
look on their faces says it all...
Week one of camp is finished in approximately 3 hours. It will be interesting to see just how muddy the clothes are that come home to be washed as the weather here in the Halifax area this past week was not exactly pristine and of course, my son did not take anything remotely water-proof to wear. I have learned  that to a kid, playing in the mud makes life more fun. The more dirt the bigger the smile. At Bayside Camp, they even have a mud pit the kids love to use. I am ever so thankful for the huge lake that is less than 100 metres away.  For one week, reality is suspended; being surrounded by both old and new friends, swimming, canoeing, playing games, staying up late by camp-fires all make for magical memories. Being picked up at the end of the week must feel like the world is ending. I am expecting a quiet drive home tonight. I am happy that this is not the end of camp for the summer - two more weeks of fun and mud are still to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment